Calls for Participation
Demonstrate your knowledge and experience with infrastructure and artificial intelligence by speaking at IEEE Infrastructure Conference, 29-30 April 2020 in San Francisco, CA.
The needs of infrastructure are quickly evolving as companies and businesses migrate their systems to the Cloud and meet the requirements of various compliance and regulations. In order to best serve clients and the needs, engineers focused on infrastructure are displaying innovative and new ways to solve bigger problems. We seek to bring these minds together for how you are evolving infrastructure and how you are taking into account the shift to Cloud, technologies that incorporate Artificial Intelligence to meet the growing demands.
IEEE Infrastructure Conference will have both traditional papers and presentations only.
Compared to traditional conferences, this event focuses on industry: it is by industry and for industry. We invite industry, academic and government authors who focus on the following criteria are also very welcome:
- Practical work that resulted in lessons learned and improvement over current processes and practice
- Architecture, design, implementation, and deployment
- Lessons learned from migrating and/or deploying new technology
- Learning from failures
- Toolchains, DevOps, support, etc.
- Experience with security, performance, scale, and reliability
- Ensuring Privacy and Data Security
Proposed topics include:
- Understanding the evolving role of AI to automate, address complex challenges in extreme scale
- AI/ML/DL: Model size, training, edge vs Cloud
- Establishing and maintaining simple APIs for complex systems
- Performance analysis using Deep Learning
- Leveraging systems, services design, and operational management
- Using AI for automation of operations
- Design space exploration
- Managing failures, identifying failure patterns, and lessons learned in the real-world
- Test failure generation using AI techniques
- Successes and failure stories in applying AI to Infrastructure management
- Assessing trust models in your system paradigms
- End-to-end trust
- Using AI for anomaly detection of threats
- Trust at Edge
Call for Papers
Regular paper submissions are up to 4 (four) pages maximum (exclusive of bibliography). To be considered for publication, one of the authors is required to attend the conference to make a full presentation of the work. Final paper submissions may be up to 8 pages (exclusive of bibliography).
Short paper submissions are up to 2 (two) pages maximum (exclusive of bibliography). To be considered for publication, one of the authors is required to attend the conference to make a full presentation of the work. Final paper submissions may be up to 4 pages (exclusive of bibliography).
Formatting instructions for all papers:
- They must be written in English and use standard IEEE two-column conference templates that can be downloaded from https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
- Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process. We will follow a double-blind review process. All paper submission PDFs must be ANONYMOUS and without author affiliations.
Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the 2020 IEEE Infrastructure Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®
Important Dates for Paper Submissions
- Paper Abstract Submission (200 words) Due: Friday, February 21, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Paper Submission (regular or short) Due: Monday, February 24, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Author Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Author Registration Deadline: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Final Paper (PDF) due: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
Call for Speakers
To be considered for presentations only, the following must be included with your submission:
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Abstract suitable for program (200 words)
- Key takeaway for audience
Please note: Presentations will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. It is recommended to submit your proposal early.
Important Dates for Presentation Submissions
- Presentation Submissions Due: Sunday, March 1, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Speaker Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 (11:59PM PST)
- Final Presentations Due: Monday, April 20, 2020 (11:59PM PST)